Volunteer coordination involves recruiting and scheduling volunteers. Make sure that committee chairs know who their volunteers will be on the day of the competition so that the volunteers can be trained!
- Recruits volunteers through email and in-person communcations. Coordinates with hospitality, ice committee, awards, registration, etc chairs to determine volunteer needs (i.e. when are the chairs planning to staff those areas, when do they need extra help, etc)
- Volunteers do not have to be club members! Encourage high school students to earn community service hours through volunteering.
- Main contact person for volunteers
- Creates a schedule for volunteers based on the competition schedule, availability of volunteers, and the needs of the competition
- Sends out a schedule to volunteers
- Prints copies of final volunteer schedule to post in the following places on day of event:
- On day of event, staffs volunteer/information table (next to registration)
- Makes nametags for volunteers